Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday.

Yesterday we had a fun day of returning things.

1. Office Depot.
I go through paper shredders fast. Really. I don't know why but, mine are always breaking. I bought my first one at Office Depot back in May of 2007. It lasted until December of 2007. The next one only lasted until January 2008 before I had to return it in exchange for shredder #3. All three were the same model of shredder and, I'm sure this comes as no surprise but, it broke again. Actually, it broke awhile ago but I just got around to taking it back. (And um... I accidentally half shredded the receipt. The bottom half.) Keep in mind, its been over a year since I got the last shredder and a year and a half since I got the very first one. The shredder does have a 3-year Limited Warranty but, I think that's mostly supposed to be done through the company that made the shredder, not directly through Office Depot. But they took it back. Again. (I'm not exactly sure why.) The manager had to approve the return but he ended up doing it. Sweet. And then, he offered to take an additional $15 off the price of my new shredder. And now instead of having a cheap shredder that breaks all the time, I have a shredder that supposed to be better.



Welcome to the family. Hopefully you don't die too.

2. Best Buy.
I bought a digital camera in 2005. It eats batteries. Every kind. I figured that was just the way it was. Once I got married I put my camera away and we started only using Mitch's. Then, the other day I found the warranty for my camera. Turns out, I bought the four year warranty on it. (Why? The only thing I can think of is that the guy that sold it to me was a guy from my ward that worked at Best Buy.) Meaning it's covered until 2009. So they're fixing it. And if they can't fix it, they'll give me a new one. Great.

3. Lowe's.
The bottom floor of our new house is wood so, we bought a rug for our living room. At the store, I liked it. Well, I liked it more than any of the other ones that Mitch liked. (As much as we love each other, we're the perfect example of a couple that doesn't like very many of the same things but somehow still like each other. Mitch likes stripes, I like solids. Literally and figuratively.) At first the new rug was okay but, as we started decorating the rest of the room, I liked the rug less and less. So we took it back. And Mitch let me get the one I like. (Except that he still wants to keep the bright yellow vase that we bought to go with the first rug.)

What a Saturday...

No comments: