
Really quickly because I have to go to bed--
We celebrated Friday/Saturday because I had to (I mean, got to) speak in church today. A little while ago we'd decided two things:
1. We didn't want to go out of town (we'd just gotten home from Christmas in California and we'd already done a few other vacations this year).
2. We're going to split planning our anniversary and Valentine's Day. I'd plan our anniversary this year, Mitch will plan Valentine's Day. Then next year we'll switch. Sounds good to me.
With that in mind, I planned for us to go up to The Gateway for a movie. We saw Bride Wars (my choice). Okay, I know none of the big reviewers think it's a "substantial" movie but, I have to say, I thought it was cute! Afterward we ate dinner at Biaggi's. We've added them to our list of "Good Italian Food." (Also, for the record, I've gotten better about trying new dishes since we seem to keep going to restaurants that don't have my usual on their menu.) And after dinner we were planning on going on a carriage ride but we were both tired and full so instead we just went to our hotel. (Maybe we'll do it for Valentine's Day instead?) We'd reserved a regular room but Mitch told them it was our anniversary so they upgraded us to a suite. And it was sweet. Then, Saturday morning we went out to breakfast and came home.
(And I have to brag about Mitch because when we got home he did ALL of the laundry by himself while I finished writing my talk. What a sweet guy!)
Here's to our first year!
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
3 comments:
Congratulations!
Happy 1 Year!!!
Happy One Year!!!! Sounds like you had a ton of fun!
Post a Comment