Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our exciting last night.

Last night we went to the-- wait for it-- Christmas Carol Sing-Along at the Energy Solutions Arena. I was excited all along for it (that kind of thing is my fun) and Mitch was there because he's a good husband and he knew I was excited about it.

We got there and they were giving everyone free hot dogs, a free soda, a free ticket to the Bees game, a free ticket to the Larry H. Miller racetrack, and a free popcorn at the movies. Sweet. Then we walked into the inside part and walked right down to the floor and sat in the third row on the floor. It was awesome. And it's not like there was no one else there-- there were people sitting in the stadium part instead of on the floor. [shrug]



Larry H. Miller was right there too. (We met him afterward. I expected him to be this like... big, powerful business guy but he's more like someone's grandpa! He's super nice.)

Anyway, the Sing-Along part was good too. There was an orchestra that played for us to sing to.



And they did a presentation with the military. They had the video things hooked up so that we were singing to/with soldiers in Iraq. I maybe might have possibly cried a little bit during God Bless America and Silent Night. But it was also fun too. Santa came. I'm pretty sure it was the real Santa, too.



As much as everyone teased me for going, we'll definitely go again next year. Even Mitch accidentally enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, Jess! You guys always do such fun things. Funny story but my little brother is BFFs with Larry H. Miller's grandson. So, he actually IS someone's grandpa! lol Good guess :) Oh and my dad is in Iraq. I wonder if he was a part of that. Hm. You have to wonder.