I was looking through my Archives to see if I posted about the last time we went to the dentist and it doesn't look like I did. Here’s the short version.
Mitch and I went to a California dentist back in April. We each went in for x-rays, an oral exam, and a cleaning and it literally took FOUR HOURS. Plus, the dentist told me that I had $1,700 worth of work to be done on my already beautiful teeth. Seriously. So I hated our California dentist.
We never went back.
Anyway, now that we’re back in Utah and it’s approximately six months later, we’re back to dentisting again. Yipee.
This time it’s better.
1. I found a dentist office here that’s amalgam free. (Yay!) That’s a Very Good Thing. See, amalgam is the silver filling stuff. I don’t want amalgam. I want resin. It’s prettier. With our insurance, they’ll pay for the amalgam but if we want resin, we have to pay the difference. There’s a bit of a loophole though--if the dentist office is amalgam free and we have to get resin, they’ll pay the full price. Done.
2. My appointment was today. The dentist here addressed all of the things the stupid California dentist wanted to do plus did some preventative things but for a lot less. Instead of paying $1,700, I paid $70. Really. The cost per tooth in California was going to be $161-205. Here it’s $10-14. And that’s with the exact same insurance. It’s really that much of a difference.
3. Okay, we’d had all of our x-rays done back in
4. I liked everyone at the dentist office.
The End.

3 comments:
I haven't been to a dentist since early 2001 when I was filling out my mission papers. Up until that point, I'd never had a cavity. I'm scared to go to one now.
Ohhh your dentist story sounds WAY better than mine.
In fact, I think I'll post mine someday soon... very soon.
I like my dentist too. He said I was cavity free! (You gotta like a dentist that declares you cavity free!) Plus his office was extra glamourous! It was! You should see it :) OH and they sent us a beautifully wrapped (with a classy black bow) box full of candy and a note to thank us for coming to their office! Now that's service!
Post a Comment