Sorry our blog has been so quiet this week. Don't worry. I'm back on track and feeling productive so, even though I'm tired and I only have about eight minutes to post this, I'm goin' for it.
Let's see... Mitch was in Phoenix Monday through Thursday night. He was supposed to be there Friday too but, something on the project like... changed... and so everyone went home on Thursday. Fine with me. I like having him here. And, he finished his Phoenix project Friday so until he's put on another project, he can work from home. AND, since he's between projects, we're so going to Calgary this weekend. We've already booked our hotel (I found us a sweet deal) and planned what we're doing every day. I'm so excited. And, we'll get to see my sister and her husband (Tracy and Freddy) on our way up and down. ([ahem] And if they had some of those temple open house cookies for us when we get there, it would be wonderful...)
Last weekend I decided that I was going to do 25 miles at the gym before we went to Calgary. I did really well Monday/Tuesday/Thursday (Wednesday is my late class and after it I had to hurry to get my MIL her birthday present) but... Friday/Saturday didn't go so well. It's harder for me to go to the gym when Mitch is home. I have to, have to go this Monday/Tuesday though. Somehow.
Friday night (the coldest night of ever) we went to the corn maze. Sorry we didn't invite anyone but, it was sort of last minute. Aside from freeeeeezing, it was fun. I'd never been before so we did just the regular maze instead of the haunted one. Good choice. As it turns out, I'm not very good at corn mazes in the freezing cold. Maybe if it were warmer? Keep in mind too that all of our Fall/Winter clothes are in our storage unit. All. We borrowed these coats.
Saturday was pretty full-- I had a baby shower in the morning. It was so fun to see the girl that the shower was for. I absolutely adore her and hadn't seen her in awhile. (And thankfully we didn't play that smelling the candy bar game. I hate that game.) Plus there were pink cupcakes. I like pink cupcakes.
After the shower we had a lunch thing at Mitch's grandparents' house. Their family likes to get together. All the time. We left that early though to go look at two apartments in Provo. Fun, fun. We're still deciding what we want to do about that.
Saturday night we went to a wedding reception. I'll skip the drama behind that and compliment the bride and groom on:
1. Their guest book. (I want one like that too.)
2. Their chicken salad croissants (that didn't have grapes or apples in them-- yay!).
3. Their selection of both regular strawberries and chocolate covered strawberries. (Way to go!)
4. Their cream puffs that Mitchell tells me I can find at Costco. (I love those little things.)
Normally I have a pretty strict policy about going to receptions just long enough to drop off a gift and say hello to the couple so they know I cared enough to show up. It's unusual for me to stay and eat. The only reason we did at this one was because Mitch ran into some guy that served with him in some ward he was in or something and so they had to catch up. Fair enough. Anyway, that's done.
And finally, today we picked up Em (in the blizzard) and went to our cousin's ward for his new daughter's blessing. I knew we don't really see our extended family very often (ex. I thought this was baby #3, apparently it's #4) but, apparently we're not getting all the news from them either-- not getting all the news = one semi-super-embarrassing moment. Regardless, it was fun to see them again.
The End.
(That so took more than eight minutes...)
5 comments:
Who had a baby? Was it one of our cousins? Or someone on your Dad's side? I LOVE corn mazes! I really want to get Chris to go to one before the season is over. Where are you guys living right now?
One of the scariest moments of my life was going through the corn maze with julianne's mom - my sister. My heart's never beat so fast as when I was being chased through the maze by the crazy man with the chainsaw....Even thinking of it makes my heart pound!
Good choice, the non haunted maze.
Ooo, corn mazes are fun. I want to hit one of the three or four haunted houses they have here. I like being scared!!
And go you! (for running) You can do it!
Jessica! I tagged you!
Ok so I just read one of your past posts where you said that you have been working at Orem Elementary... That's where I went to school and my mom is the secretary there. (She's the younger one that looks like me.) Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you that. P.S. I like your blog! I really want to go to a corn maze now.
Post a Comment