All I have are pictures from my phone, but there's more to Alley's story. First, her tail fur is growing back (finally!). Unfortunately, she has a long way to go before she's back to normal. (Poor kitty.)
See, just as the fur on her tail was starting to grow back, poor Alley got some kind of a bladder infection. {sigh} Without going into all the details, poor Alley (we don't always call her that; it just seems appropriate for this story) ended up having an ultrasound to figure out what was wrong. She had little crystals in her bladder. I got to watch the ultrasound and the vet showed me how he'd shake her bladder and all of the crystals would float up and then fall like snow. It was like a snow globe.
Anyway, they had to give her anesthesia for the ultrasound (I suspect cats aren't usually very good at laying still on their own) and they put this gel stuff in her eyes to keep them moist (since she wasn't blinking at all while she was out).
Doesn't she look sad? It was the worst day of her life. (At least, I think it was.)
And remember how I mentioned her tail? Yeah, the tail kind of seems like no big deal now.
Apparently she's not bothered by her naked stomach though because she still lays on her back. (How embarrassing...)
The good news is that we figured out what was wrong, she has taken her medicine, and she's doing much better! (And hopefully these things don't come in three's because we've had our fun.)
No comments:
Post a Comment