I worked in the Aviation Department at UVU for the last two and a half years. They have one of the best flight programs in the United States (I think they're #3?) and in all my time there, I'd never gone up in the air! I recently took a job somewhere else and decided that I needed to go flying on my last day at UVU .
Luckily, it didn't take much to convince this pilot to take me up!It was the most gorgeous day--perfect for flying!
I got an aerial picture of my house...and one of my Nordstrom...
before we flew up Provo Canyon. We flew all the way up to Sundance/Heber before turning around and heading back out of the canyon.
We also flew over the Provo Temple...
And right up next to the Y.
I got a bunch of pictures of Utah County.
(It was kind of like playing I spy.)
Then we flew into Springville and Spanish Fork where we did a Zero-G maneuver (not my fun) before turning around and flying back to the Provo Airport. We did one touch and go (where you land and then immediately take off again) and then flew over Utah Lake, back into Spanish Fork, and then landed (again) in Provo.Normally I hate adventure (Mitch was surprised I even did this!), but it was fun to see all of Utah County from the air!
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
3 comments:
Awesome! Rich is a good guy. I want to go flying!
Jess, there is no way in heck I would do that!!!! That plane would scare the crap out of me. I have been in small planes (but it was still bigger than that one). And I wanted to die, I hate small planes. I honestly cant believe you did that. You are so much braver than me. Gosh once again you are better than me ;)
I need another update! It has been way too long!
Post a Comment