I haven't really felt like we've had anything interesting going on, so I haven't blogged, but one of my favorite friends, Kellie, asked for an update. And she also blogged three times yesterday, which means now I have to blog too. Kellie thinks I always one up her, but I'm just going to blog once tonight and not four times. ;)
So, Kellie, this is an update for you.
1. I (finally) planted my garden!
This year we switched our flower bed and our vegetable garden. We used to have a fountain thing in our backyard and so it made sense to have flowers around the fountain, but we hated that fountain. Every year we thought we'd actually, really use the fountain, but we never actually, really did. So finally, we took it out! (Hooray!) Once it was out, it made sense to plant the vegetables in the bigger bed. Best idea ever.
I have exercised great restraint and not planted more in that bed. Right now I feel like it's so spacious, but I know from experience that all of those things spread out. Better to not plant more and let them have room to grow.
Oh, and I planted PEAS! this year. With SEEDS! I've said it before and I'll say it again-- gardening is so REWARDING!
2. Mitch and I went to Lagoon.
Mitch's work always has a Lagoon party at the beginning of the summer. We brought our camera and took about three pictures (all of Mitch) before the camera battery died. But you can see pictures of Mitch!
He likes a lot more adventurous rides than me. (Since I don't like any adventurous rides.)
3. Sarah moved out and Jason moved in (with about a month and a half break in between).
Jason just graduated from high school a couple weeks ago and he's going up to BYU-I in the fall, so he asked if he could come up to stay with us for awhile. Now he's here. (And he does our dishes and he makes us dessert!)
Alley really likes him. (Jason does have a room upstairs-- this was his Sunday afternoon nap on the couch.) (Actually, Alley pretty much really likes everyone.)
And don't worry, Sarah still comes by too.
4. My GRANDPARENTS moved to Utah!!!
Hooray, hooray, hooray! They've been living in California (in the same house for the last forty-ish years), but their health has declined significantly and now they're up here in an assisted living home instead. It's all the way in Salt Lake, but that's about 8 hours closer than they used to be, so I'll take it.
5. I started a new job.
I won't go into too much detail, but so far I love it.
6. We "switched" wards.
Which basically means that they adjusted the boundaries of our old (fabulous married) ward and now we're in a (still fabulous, just a lot less reverent) different ward.
7. Mitch took engagement pictures for his cousin.
And he has spent like... 150 hours (and that's honestly not an exaggeration) editing them. Mitch really likes photography. A lot.
8. We've been missing Kellie (et al.).
No explanation needed.
Let's see. Anything else we've been doing? I think that's a pretty good summary. We do have more coming up though. Canada Day, the same cousin's wedding cake, Denver (just me though and just for work), Canada Day, TRACY is visiting next month, etc. I'm sure I'll get some of that blogged.
How's that for an update? Now your turn.
2 comments:
Ahh Jess you are the best! Thanks for the update I loved it! However, I am very disappointed with not a single detail on the job, like maybe what it is you do. I will say you have done a lot in the month we have been gone! Time really needs to stop while we are gone :( I love your update though! My 3 updates could have been combined into 1 big one but it is just easier to keep them in separate posts :) We miss you guys tons! keep me updated!
Ok Jess, I am updating like a billion posts so now it is your turn again!! I will be checking back! Dont disappoint me.
Post a Comment