Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Bathroom Reveal.

(Can you really call it a "reveal" when it's a half bath the size of a closet?)

I know our bathroom-- our tiny bathroom-- has taken forever. But! In my defense, I had "my part" done before Mitch got back from his trip. It's "Mitch's part" that took forever!

I went back and forth about painting the cabinets or not painting the cabinets, framing the mirror or not framing the mirror. And finally I decided to work with what we had and go for easy. All I did was add a few new accessories.

(We haven't put anything in those frames yet...)

The H is for the first letter of our last name. (That idea is from here.)

I was mostly happy with it except for the fact that the girl that owned our house before us didn't know how to stay in the lines when she painted. Ashley was at my house one day and suggested we put up crown molding to hide the little bits of purple paint that still showed around the edges of our neater blue-ish paint. Brilliant! And that's where "Mitch's part" comes in.

Mitch was in charge of doing the crown molding (enter six week delay on posting pictures). We decided to do it in the bathroom and, hey, why not the dining room too! We'd be doing the project anyway, so what's a few more pieces of wood? Mitch even had his dad come help him (who supposedly had done crown molding before). I thought this would be like, you know, a one day project. How hard can it be? It wasn't. And apparently, it is.

Well. I'll spare you the details of the install day. (The highlight was: "Well, why don't we just practice on this piece of wood since we've already ruined it?" ... ... ... Really??) Since then, we've spent many nights working on finishing the project. (We definitely had different timelines for completing the project.) And now, it's finally done. And cleaned up.

(I really want a bling chandelier, but so far I haven't convinced Mitch.)

Too bad I have no before pictures.

1 comment:

A said...

WoooHooo! I've been waiting for these :D Well done Mitch and Jess! It looks great.