We had an interesting weekend. Interesting is the best word I can come up with because parts of the weekend were really fun and parts were really not fun. I'll get to all of that.
We went to North Carolina last weekend. Our flight left Salt Lake Thursday morning. Normally I hate flying (mostly because I get so bored just sitting for hours), but our flights actually weren't bad. We had a connection in Minneapolis and that made the sitting for hours bearable. We actually got to Raleigh at about 4:00 pm. We picked up our rental car and checked into our hotel.
That night we went to the most awful Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. Mitch thought it was okay, but let me assure you that it wasn't.
- First of all, we were both in jeans and you could tell the people there thought we should be more dressed up. (Okay, maybe if there were other customers it would have made a difference, but we were almost the only ones there!)
- Second, you could tell our server was irritated that we didn't order alcohol. Nevermind the fact that we did order an appetizer and two expensive meals and we would have ordered sodas if they'd had good ones. And, if she had been nice, I probably would have ordered dessert.
- Third, they didn't give us chips and salsa! One of my pet peeves about restaurants is when they don't give you what they should. If I go to an Italian restaurant, I expect bread. If I go to a Chinese restaurant, I expect rice. If I go to a Mexican restaurant, I expect chips and salsa. Really, the cost of those items is negligible to the restaurant and it makes me happy and makes me feel like I'm getting a good deal. This restaurant didn't even give us chips and salsa!
- Fourth, all of my food tasted like I imagine a toilet tastes. Mitch and I talked about it later and we decided that they must have added some kind of nasty cheese to everything. He was fine with it, but I hated it.
No comments:
Post a Comment