Last, last week, we were supposed to have a BLIZZARD here! My FIRST ONE in the whole time I've lived here! (I've never even had a snow day.) I was so excited.
The news said the blizzard would be here in the evening, so after work I hurried to get all of my errands done (after all, you never know if the blizzard is going to hit early and you'll be stranded somewhere freezing cold in whiteout conditions) and get home. I had read a lot of "What to Do if You're Stuck in a Blizzard" articles online and one said you should have a full tank of gas (so that your gas lines don't freeze or something) so, I even filled up my gas tank on the way home, just in case. And I took my bird feeder and front door wreath inside. Online also had lots of pictures tracking the storm, so I watched those religiously all afternoon/evening. And, I watched the traffic to make sure Mitch could get home safely. His work let him go home early because of the blizzard. Lots of places let their employees go home early and lots of places closed early. (There was even a LIST of closed places online!)
Once Mitch was home, I insisted that he take lots of before pictures outside our house so that I could blog the before and after pictures and show everyone how much snow we got. I also hurried to make dinner so that we would be done using our oven before our power went out because of the blizzard. (You know, because of course our power would be going out if we were having a blizzard.)
And then I waited. And waited. And waited.
And the storm NEVER came.
I was SO disappointed. WORST. BLIZZARD. EVER. We got a DUSTING of snow, our power didn't go out, and we didn't even have to wear layers to stay warm. All we had was a little bit of wind. All that excitement for nothing. And I will not be posting before and after pictures because they would have been the same.
The next day, Mitch humored me and took me here:
To get this:
To curb my disappointment from the night before. And the Dairy Queen blizzard was way better than the "real" blizzard.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
3 comments:
So funny, sorry you didn't get your real blizzard.
We got Blizzards on the way to Arizona the next day! Ha ha. Blizzard in the Blizzard.
It was a LAME storm. I was bummed too.
Post a Comment