On Tuesday, we had planned to go scuba diving, parasailing, and um... bumper boating? (How do you say that?) The place we were doing it through had told us to be there at 9:00 am so we were there at 9:00. They had us scheduled for noon though. No worries, they would move us to 9:00 instead (you know, like they had told us before). Oh, except the scuba diving boat left at 9. {sigh} So, we decided we'd do the bumper boats and parasailing that day and then come back and do scuba diving on Thursday. Okay, good. And the boat leaves at 9 so, we should be there by, 8:45-ish? No, 9 is fine. ??? Okayyyy...
Anyway. So Tuesday we did the bumper boats and parasailing. I have pictures of the bumper boats but sadly, not one of parasailing. They took pictures of us parasailing but, because you do tandem parasailing, there were a TON of pictures of me and really none of Mitch. Not worth the $30 they wanted us to pay for the disc of pictures. But we hadn't taken our own pictures because 1. They were taking them and 2. We were 300 feet up in the air at the same time. BUT, I'll have you know, I DID GO PARASAILING. (I did the three most adventurous things of my life on this trip-- parasailing, bumper boats, and scuba diving.) Between you and me, parasailing was mostly terrifying. Mitch loved it. And now that it's over, I loved it too. Mostly, I didn't like when the rope suddenly pulled tight. (I had visions of us falling into the water and dying. Mitch tried to explain that we had a parachute so, if anything happened, we'd gently float to the water and we had life jackets so, we'd be fine. But of course, as everybody knows, the parachute would probably have landed on top of us and suffocated us, if the waves didn't eat us first. Obviously. This is how my mind works when I'm doing adventerous things. Worst case scenarios.)
Anyway. We DO have bumper boat pictures.
Before:
(They made us do that.)
Annnd, here we go.You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words? This next picture definitely is.
The deal was, if they were going too slow, you put your thumb up (faster, faster!!!). If they're going too fast, you put your thumb down. Notice Mitch has his thumb up and I have my thumb down. Mhmm. And, pretty sure they listened to Mitch because it definitely seemed like they went faster.
At one point, Mitch fell off (which meant we got to slow down!!! for a few seconds to get him back on).
I never fell off. (The staff said it was because they were nice to me and didn't try to throw me off but, I swear they couldn't have anyway. I was gripping those handles like it was the difference between a long, happy life and a slow, painful death. See this next picture for proof.)
And this is after:
So, Mitch likes adventure and I don't. Whatever. We knew that.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment