Monday, June 14, 2010

Camping!

We interrupt our regularly scheduled Hawaii posts for a post about CAMPING!

Our ward has a ward camping trip every year. Last year we heard all about how fun it always is and how great it would be and then we found out it was scheduled for while we were in Washington, D.C.. {sigh} So this year, we were really excited to go!

Except, it rained. Poured, really. And as much as I/we wanted to camp, it just didn't make sense to set up our tent when it was already raining and the forecast showed rain all night.

We did still drive down to the campground and enjoy the evening with our ward though. I forgot to bring the camera but, imagine hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc. and THEN, imagine peach cobbler and chocolate cherry cake made in dutch ovens. Okay, now picture a big campfire. There you go.

It was fun. We really enjoyed ourselves, despite the cold and the rain. But, we still recognized that our desire to camp had gone a little... unfulfilled. And so, Mitch decided (in spite of my initial protesting) that we would camp in our living room.

Which we did.

Originally the door was facing the side but, I insisted that we turn the door towards the tv so that we could watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother before we went to bed.

Now, obviously this makes our living room look really small. We don't disagree. However, it's also that the tent is actually really big. This was our first time setting it up so, we didn't know. It worked though.

The cats liked it too.


I even put a sweatshirt on for the occasion of us camping.


The next morning, I decided I want to go camping again.

2 comments:

A said...

I love it! And what better way to camp but with your kitties and an episode of HIMYM!

Sarah said...

That sounds like the BEST camping trip ever. I'm kind of offended that I wasn't invited...