Monday, June 28, 2010

Forgetting.

(This post doesn't have any pictures. I don't normally post anything without pictures anymore.)

I keep forgetting things lately. Allow me to provide a few examples.

1. I've called my grandparents every Sunday night for the last six years. In those six years, I've completely forgotten maybe twice. And those times I called Monday night and felt better. In the past three weeks, I've forgotten TWICE.
2. I went to Target a week ago, shopping list in hand. Somehow, I missed one of the things on my list. I DO remember reviewing my list before I checked out and mentally crossing each item off. That means I read the item I was missing and didn't go back and buy it.
3. Meanwhile, I did get Mitch's soap (two of them) and more shaving cream for me (two of them). They were on my list because we were almost out. Except, we actually really weren't almost out because we still had an extra of each item in the bathroom closet. I forgot that I'd bought extras (even though I always do). Now we have three of each item.
4. While I'm at work, one of my best friends and I email back and forth. In one of her emails, she asked me about three separate things. I replied to the email and answered ONE of the three things. Later, I realized I'd missed responding to the other two things. So I responded again, this time apologetically. AND I STILL ONLY RESPONDED TO ONE OF THE TWO THINGS! {sigh}
5. Last Friday, I had two errands to run before Mitch got home: the post office and the bank. I made it all the way to the post office before I realized that I'd left all of the things I needed to mail at home. ...Okayyy. So, instead, I went to the bank, back home to get the mail, and back to the post office. I mailed everything and drove home. And then, I realized I forgot to buy stamps.

I'll stop there. I don't know what my issue is lately. I probably wouldn't be as bothered if it were just one or two things. But it's NOT just one or two things! (Apparently though, I am pretty good at remembering the things I've been forgetting.) What's wrong with me?

No comments: