Friday, February 19, 2010

St. George!

I should be:

a) Finishing dinner.
b) Cleaning our bedroom to make room for our new bedroom set!!! that we're picking up tonight.
c) Finishing the homework assignment I was working on earlier.
d) Studying for my Teaching Kids to Read (Literacy Methods II) test.
e) Blogging.
f) All of the above.
g) a, b, c, and d only.

It's g. Very g. And yet, right now, we're going to go with e. To be fair, e is on my to do list (of ten things!) for the day.

Last weekend, Mitch and I went to St. George with some of my friends from school and their husbands. We left Saturday morning (because of an activity for the single's ward we needed to go to) and drove down with Kellie and Deven. On our way down, we stopped at the Cache Valley Cheese place in Beaver to get squeaky cheese.

You wouldn't believe how much conversation that squeaky cheese provided us with all weekend. We had so many questions about those little cheese curds! (Why are they squeaky? Could you melt them and make regular cheese? How come they stop squeaking after they've been in the refrigerator? Is it the temperature that makes them squeak? Etc.) I eventually looked it all up on Google and satisfied our curiosity. (Okay, so we're lame.)

We dropped our stuff off at Kelsey and Brian's house and then Saturday afternoon we "shopped" at the outlet stores in St. George. We didn't actually buy much but, we all got these sweet (free) rings at Del Sol this store full of things that change color in the sun.


(Next to me is Sari, Kelsey, and then Kellie.)

We also found these AWESOME shirts at the toy store (random) there. They were 3 for $15 and there were so many to choose from!!!


How do you choose? We couldn't so, we didn't end up getting any.

There were also feather boas inside the toy store that we all liked. (The husbands were more interested in the bow and arrow sets and toy guns.)

After that, we went to Fiesta Fun (like unto Trafalga in Orem). Mitch and I opted to play the arcade games (Skee Ball and that game gets me every time) while everyone else drove the cars. (We have about four billion pictures of them. I'm not even kidding. We have the entire race in slow motion. If you made the pictures into a flip book, you could see the entire race.)

Sari was always in first place with her fast little car...



At the end, McKell made Kelsey spin out, the worker had to come help her, and she was the last one in.


That night we went to Paula's, a Mexican restaurant in St. George. It was amazing. It's the best Mexican food I've had since... well, probably since we were in Calgary. We only ever find good Mexican restaurants when we're out of town and won't be able to go back any time soon. But it was so good. And, while we were sitting in the waiting room at the restaurant, there were a couple people with the 3 for $15 shirts. Love it. We all about died laughing.

Then, we went to Dear John as our romantic Valentine's Day movie. It was just kind of... eh. Not nearly as good as The Notebook but, oh well. After the movie, we went to Sari and McKell's house to swim in their hot tub. Okay, what happens when you get 8 - 10 college aged people in a hot tub at approximately 12:30 am? Mhmm, yeah. Everyone wanted to play these games where the consequences for losing were jumping into the pool that was like... 40 degrees. Everybody was willing to submit to peer pressure except one person. Me.

Oh, and, McKell (Sari's husband) tried to eat all fifty of the chicken nuggets in the deal from McDonalds and he couldn't do it.

Sunday we went to church at a building near Kelsey and Brian's. We ended up at a branch (smaller than a regular ward) but because it was a holiday weekend, it was more like Stake Conference with all the visitors! The average age of everyone in the ward was probably about 70 but for some reason, I really liked the branch. Also, they had an "Instachoir." Basically, between the speakers, anyone that wanted to could come up and join the choir. Uh, heck yes we will. Sari, Kelsey, Kellie, and I all sang in the Instachoir. (Sari had a good point. She said something like, "I wish my ward had Instachoirs. I like the singing, I just don't like going to the practices." Amen.) As we were leaving the building, someone asked us if we were sisters.

What else... I'm pretty much out of pictures and I need to go finish dinner so I'll summarize. We made Valentine's Day dinner for the husbands (steak, mashed potatoes, corn, sparkling cider, and chocolate melting cakes-- see Kellie's blog for a picture of Deven with the chocolate melting cakes!) Afterward, we played a game while the husbands watched the All Star basketball game. (Mitch helped me play the game for a little while).


Then, we went back to Kelsey and Brian's and kind of hung out there. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just post one picture.


The next day, Monday, we packed up, ate breakfast/lunch at The Bear Paw, and then drove back to Provo. We left the 60 degree weather and came back to rain. And that was the end of our little weekend trip!

( e, check!)

2 comments:

The Shark said...

Wait -- do you really not know of any good Mexican restaurants around here? Some of my all-time favorite Mexican joints are in the Utah/Salt Lake Valleys. Seriously, just let me know the next time you have a hankering and are planning a date night with your hubby and I'll give you the 4-1-1.

And none of them are Los Hermanos.

Kellie said...

Ahh I love all your pictures! Talk about a way fun weekend! With lots of memories ;) Love it!