(Pretend I posted this yesterday, okay?)
I'm a self-proclaimed listaholic. I make lists for everything. And, I usually have about seven to do lists going at once-- my today list, my month list, my things to do this weekend list, my things that won't happen this week or maybe next but need to get done and I don't want to forget about it, my someday list, etc.
...I don't have a problem. I can stop listing whenever I want...
I am trying to improve. I know that I need to be less obsessed with listing, planning, and getting things done. Relaxing (at appropriate times) is good. Also, I know I need to be more organized with my listing. A short, organized list is better than a long, unorganized list. Therefore, I decided that for Lent (even though I'm not Catholic), I'm giving up to do lists that are longer than 10 things. Every day, I can list ten things that I need to do for the day. Once ALL of them are done, I'm allowed to add more. (I've been practicing for a couple days and so far, I don't get all ten done anyway.)
Here's the best part. If I can only list 10 things, I'm more likely to list the important things rather than everything. And, I'm more likely to get things done instead of putting them on today's list, then tomorrow's list, then the next day's list, etc. because I can't do other things until all of the 10 things are done. So, I'll be happily getting things done and also less frustrated that not all of the 27 things get done. Instead I'll only have 10!
(Secretly, I doubt I'll ever give up listing but, this will hopefully help me get it back under control.) (Even though I don't have a problem.)
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
This year for Lent I decided to sacrifice the practice of Lent. So far I am doing fantastically.
OCD much??? :)
Post a Comment