Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Man Who Left the Footprints

This is a little bit more of a spiritual blog post than I usually write, but I had this thought as I was getting ready this morning and felt I would share.

If I was walking down a street and I came across a man standing on a street corner, who was in actuality our Savior, Jesus Christ would I recognize him? That man then turns and begins to speak. With out any glowing lights or loud trumpets, just a “regular man” preaching a message of “Love your neighbor” would I stop the mad-hustle of my life to listen? Would I be in tune enough to the Holy Ghost to feel the peace that would emanate from the Lamb of God?

I then think of those around me, my friends at work, the other hurried commuters on BART, the throng of people flowing through the city, how many of them would recognize a simple carpenter preaching of salvation?

The following scripture then came to my mind: “For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?”

At that point I had a small pang of hope, that though I am not perfect, I strive to serve my master. I try to speak with him on a regular basis. I try to feast on his words. I try to share my knowledge with others.

So I do not know if I would recognize him, but I hope that as I try to follow the path the Savior walked, I will someday recognize the man who left the footprints.

No comments: