I'll bet some of you have been wondering what we've been up to since... um... mid-May. (I know, I know. We're awful bloggers. But we have recently-- okay, I have recently made a new commitment to blog.)
Well.
What have we been up to? In order to keep this a pleasantly readable length, we'll just limit it to five things.
1. Sarah-ing.
As in, my little sister, Sarah. She graduated the first week of June so we drove down-- in my car, and picked her (and all of her stuff) up and moved her up here. Sounds like fun, right? Wrong. It's only fun until you have to replace your transmission for the second time in six months.
2. High Adventuring.
Mitchell loves adventuring way more than I do. So, when he got called to be the Young Men's Secretary for our ward and found out they were going on a High Adventure Trip in June, he was all over it. And I was too. I mean, I hate having him gone for five days but I'd rather him get adventuring out of his system with the Young Men than with me. Much as I love outdoor adventures. And so, Mitch and the Young Men left bright and early Saturday morning for their temple trip, service project, camping, river rafting, camping, hiking Half Dome, camping, and water skiing. And it was fun-- especially when the European girls from the campsite next door came and tried to let themselves into the leaders tent in an effort to provide our group with the alcohol they were "lacking." Also fun when most of the Young Men (but thankfully none of the leaders) got-- what was it? Food poisoning? Dehydration? Nobody knows for sure.
3. Primary-ing.
Turns out, I actually like Primary. They have me teaching the kids the Articles of Faith every week and then I also got put in charge of the Father's Day activity. We made these cute little books about each child's father. And, Mitch and I both helped at the Primary's Book of Mormon Carnival. We ran the Book of Mormon BINGO. I'm also getting to know the kids more and more and really, without naming names, our ward has some cute kids.
4. Kitty-ing.
We still have our two cute kitties. That are getting bigger.
5. Monterey-ing.
Mitch and I went down to Monterey/Carmel for Memorial Day weekend. (I know, I know. That was awhile ago. But we haven't blogged since then!) We stayed in a hotel from Sunday night and then went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, 17 Mile Drive, and Pebble Beach Golf Course. And an amazing hole in the wall Mexican restaurant.
Other than that, we've just been doing our normal things. Work. Work. Work. Work. And work. Plus, you know, all the laundry, making dinner, figuring out school for the Fall, and hanging out with new friends stuff.
That's all.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
1 comment:
I like the new look. Fancy.
Post a Comment