I feel like we have tons of things to post about! I promise to write about everything else later but, since I know someone will scold me if don't get this post done today, I'm writing about things out of the order they happened.
So. Our news.
We have TWO new additions to our family!
These are our two new little kitties! They're both girls and from the same litter (they're sisters!). They're about 11 weeks old but they're still only 2 lbs each. They don't have official names yet-- right now they're mostly "The Black One" and "The Tabby One," so, if anyone wants to give us suggests for what to name them, we'd love the help! (We have a list written on our bathroom mirror of potential names for each.)
How did we end up with two? Well, we'd originally wanted a little black kitten but I fell in love with the tabby and she fell in love with me. Mitch still wanted the black kitten, I wanted the tabby, and we ended up with both. Right, Mitch?
Anyway, more about the kitties. Both girls loooovvvveeee purring. (The Black One will purr if you even just look at her.) They also love their toy mice. And, most importantly, they love each other!
They love chasing each other and pouncing on each other. And then when one catches the other, they do it again. Also, they love that they both have tails. It's so fun to chase someone else's tail! They keep each other entertained.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
5 comments:
How cute!!!!
How about "Darrell" and "Isaac" for names? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
No. I'm actually being serious.
Um, Ill have you know that our tail-less cat, Max, loves chasing his little stub of a tail... especially, say, if my husband ties a string to it.
They sure are cute! You should name them something that rhymes! This might be the only time you have "twins". Something like, Sarah and Farrah. Or a famous duo... I can't think of any famous girl duos, except, Ellen and Portia.
I was going to suggest you name one of them "The Shark," but "Darrell" and "Isaac" would be great. I always wanted to name a cat Katie so I could say, "Here, Katie, Katie, Katie." Dumb, I know.
http://www.greatcatnames.com/php/catnamelist.php
Click "Cat name couples"
OR
http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/06/12/the-most-popular-names-for-british-pets/
Popular British cat names. My favorites are Poppy and Smudge.
OR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_cats
A list of fictional cat's names. Which is cool.
Post a Comment