Monday, February 4, 2008

The Wedding

A couple years ago, one of my best friends got married. She had an absolutely beautiful reception but, all things considered, it wasn’t what she had wanted. One time when we were talking about it later, I remember her telling me that the one thing she had wanted more than anything from her wedding day was to be sealed to her husband in the temple—and she got that. The rest of the details didn’t really matter in the end.

I tried to go into my wedding day with that same attitude. I’ve been to plenty of other weddings at which the bride and groom are so stressed about making sure everything is perfect that they don’t even get to enjoy the day. I didn’t want that. By the night of January 10th, I figured we’d planned everything that we could and we just had to hope for the best. And honestlyy, I don’t know if I could have asked for anything more on our wedding day. I mean, there are always minor things that could have gone a bit better but nothing major. And, most importantly, I was sealed to my husband in the temple.





No comments: