Gardening is so rewarding! I love going out and harvesting. Yesterday I had a bunch of tomatoes and more zucchini. My crenshaw melons are getting bigger but they're not ready yet. Anyway, I already had one zucchini from last week that we haven't used and I knew we had one that was huge so I let Mitch pick that one last night. And THEN, we were on our way in and I decided I should check to see if I had anymore little ones that I needed to be watching. Um... yeah. Apparently I missed one. The one in Mitch's right hand. Don't know how I missed that one.
I made zucchini bread for the first time in my life last night and it was actually really good! We both took some to work today. We're still working on what we're going to do with the other two. I know that before I had a garden I would have loved for someone to give me a giant zucchini because you can't buy them that big in the stores but those are the best kind for zucchini casserole. For some reason, it doesn't seem like other people appreciate zucchini as much as I do.
Speaking of large things, we weighed our cats the other day. Alley is 11 1/2 - 12-ish pounds. And Annie? Annie is SEVENTEEN pounds. We're still giggling about it. Well, I am. Mitch thinks we need to put her/them on a diet.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
3 comments:
Your cats are so...large.
And Paley is a sort-of outside cat now, so I guess she can go wherever she wants. I don't think she usually wants to go on the roof, though. Just we were there, and she kind of follows us around when we're outside. I thought it was cute that she climbed the ladder to get to us.
Oh my gosh. If I remember correctly, when we weighed Kitty last (a few months ago) he was exactly 9 (or 10) pounds. And he is like.. 2 years older than yours? Hahahaha... Yes. I think they need to go on a diet. They'll feel much better about themselves without that swaying pooch.. even if it is awfully cute.
Your vegetables look amazing. I cannot WAIT to plant our vegetable garden next year. We're going to have fruit trees too. So excited!!!
Freeze them! We both know you are great at freezing everything. :) I frooze some vegies the other week and pulled them out last night and they were fantastic.
Post a Comment