Now that Mitch is finally done with his GMAT (YAY!!!), he has nothing to do every night.* So I "planned" a late night trip to the urgent care place for us last night!
I burned my hand at my cake class.
We were making daisies. The petals are made of gum paste and the center is a mix of gum paste and fondant. I made the petals and got out my yellow fondant. Now, the thing about fondant is that it gets hard if you're not using it. So, to make it soft, you microwave it. Usually you do like... five or ten seconds at a time until it's easy to work with. ...But I had a small piece. So it didn't take as much time.
Also, there was something in the way of the microwave so when I put the fondant in, I just moved it forward enough to open the door a crack and stuck my fondant in. It was only in there for a few seconds. The thing was though, I couldn't see it before I grabbed it. So... yeah. It was definitely boiling. And it wasn't like I just grabbed a hot bowl and I could just put it down the second I knew it was too hot. The fondant stuck to my hand. I had to peel it off. It was burning.
It burned my right hand middle finger and my palm below my thumb.
(That's not my hand, by the way.)
I tried to be brave. I tried so hard to be brave. I didn't want to leave my cake class. And I was so embarrassed. I tried just putting my finger in a cup of cool water. I mean, don't most burns feel somewhat better after a few minutes? Not mine. I finally just had to leave.
After two hours of holding ice on it, it still felt like it was on fire.
So we went to the urgent care place!
I felt stupid going to the doctor at 9:30 at night for a burn (really, how bad could it be?) but... it hurt... And the urgent care place did say it was a bad burn.
They put some white stuff on it (ahhhhh...) and bandaged it up.
(Guess: Did a man or woman bandage my hand?)
And I've been gimpy ever since.
*Yeah, right.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
1 comment:
Huh. So do you have to type with just one hand now? At least you're left handed. You don't really need your right hand anyway.
Post a Comment