I've never gotten up early to wait in line for anything in my life. Not for the Rose Parade, not for Black Friday, not for tickets to anything, and not for the release of any gaming system. I've never even gone to the midnight showing of a movie.
So what would compel me to wake up at 5:30 on Friday morning AND 4:30 on Saturday morning?
There's just one thing:
Thursday and Friday were their customer appreciation days so, they were giving away gift cards to the first fifty people in the door. As you can imagine, lots of people wanted to be the first fifty so, we had to get there early.
Good thing we got there when we did. Hooray for school friends that are willing to get up early! We don't have any day two pictures because by then we were all just beat and didn't want our pictures taken. But we were there.
Also, there's more to this story. I love Roberts. But a week ago they made me really mad about a stupid store policy that isn't clearly stated and that they wouldn't budge on at all. As far as I was concerned, they owed me $5. As far as they were concerned, they didn't care. I (tearfully) vowed to never shop there again. (Not because of the $5 but because of their attitude towards the situation.) And I really meant it too. Now, after these last two days, I really feel like we're even.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
2 comments:
So? How much did you get?
Why did you have to wait both days?
Were you in the first 50?
What was their policy? What happened?
This is like 1/8th of the actual post you needed to write.
I'm so disappointed in you. If anyone can hold a grudge, it is you. You totally let me down!
Oh, and I agree with Emily. :)
Post a Comment