One of my jobs in California (the one just before I moved here) had a solid hour commute each way, every day. I swore I'd never do it again. And since then, I haven't. (And I'll apologize now for complaining about this since Mitch does have an hour commute.)
Our house is near a main-ish road that can take me almost directly to school or work. And our house is basically right in the middle of the two. I love, love, love it. ...Usually.
Lately my quick commute has been ruined by this:
And this:
And FIVE others just like them.
I hate them.
Allow me to provide an illustration. It's rudimentary but it'll get the point across.
The red x's are construction sites along my drive each day. Only one of them has been there longer than about two weeks. The rest are new.
Now, imagine my driving during the day. Home to school (three stops), school to home (three more stops), home to work (four stops), work to home (four more stops). That means that in one day, I can get stopped by construction FOURTEEN times. And they never just make you stop. They make you stop and wait. When you're already running late. Ugh.
I really do love the location of my house though. And my normal commute to work and school.
Halloween in New Zealand
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment