Since April craft night is upon us (and since Kristal reminded me I still haven't posted about this...), I figured I should finally get to posting about March craft night!
March was a bit more of a free for all-- I just didn't have a ton of time to plan anything super special. It was good though. A couple people worked on the blocks from last month and the rest of us made banner things.
Frankly, I wasn't sure how the banners would turn out. The idea was from a "Welcome" banner but, well, I modified it a bit to make a "Happy Birthday" banner. And Kristal made a banner for her daughter that's on the way! (I stole a picture of Kristal's cute KAMILA banner from her blog.)
And here's my Happy Birthday banner that finally got finished!
And, as requested, here is the fabulous dessert recipe.
Moon Cake
Crust
1 1/4 c. water
1 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp real butter
1 1/4 c. flour
5 eggs
Filling
8 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 c. milk
2 3 oz packages instant vanilla pudding
Topping
1 large tub of Cool Whip
1 to 2 cups chocolate shavings*
Chocolate syrup
Boil water and butter. Add four with heat on medium. When mixed in, turn off heat and stir until mixture starts to pull in from the edges. Set aside and allow to cool (cool enough to touch). Crack and stir in eggs one at a time. Spread in an ungreased cookie sheet (the kind with a lip). Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and do not open the oven while baking. Crust will be bubbly and look like the "moon."
In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese (softened in the microwave) with the milk. Mix in the pudding. Mix well until creamy and thick. Spread on the crust after the crust has cooled. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes (overnight is best).
Top with large container of Cool Whip and sprinkle on shaved chocolate pieces. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
*You can make these yourself with a chocolate bar and a potato peeler.
3 comments:
Your banner is so cute! Cant wait for this week :)
cute crafts!! You guys will have to do more shots of your projects!!
Yep, that would be me not knowing you were taking a picture! I just hung my summer banner up today! Lovin' craft night so keep 'em up!
Post a Comment