Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another busy weekend...

A few weeks ago, I decided that I wanted to do something for my spring break. We couldn't go too far because we both had work but we wanted to go somewhere and take a break from our usual busy lives. I ended up planning a weekend trip to Logan, etc. for us. I'd never been to Logan and Mitch had really only ever driven through so we figured it would be fun. It was.

Friday night I picked Mitch up from work and we drove up to Logan. I'd made reservations for us at the Providence Inn in Providence, just outside of Logan. I'd seen pictures and read online reviews but really, I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. It's a bed and breakfast and it was absolutely lovely. (Neither of us had ever stayed at a bed and breakfast so I wanted to try one.) When we got there, the super nice guy at the front desk checked us in. Then we went upstairs and checked out our room and it was just wonderful. The room wasn't enormous by any means but it was perfect for the two of us. There was a fireplace and a huge jetted tub. AND, it had American flag decorations. I love the flag. Anyway. The room was perfect.

After we'd inspected our room, we went out to dinner. The guy at the front desk had given us a coupon card to a bunch of the local restaurants and suggested we try Hamilton's in Logan, so we did. We were glad we went. The steak at Hamilton's is super good. After that, we started driving back to our "hotel." When we were part way back I suddenly realized that in all my packing (I'd packed for both of us since Mitch hadn't had a chance to pack before work and I had Friday off), I'd remembered Mitch's church clothes but not mine. And we were planning on going to a session at the Logan Temple the next morning. I was so disappointed. Mitch told me we could go buy a dress and shoes (I'm going to need more spring/summer ones soon anyway...) but by then it was like... 9:30-ish at night in Logan. Not a lot open. But I was desperate. We tried Kohl's (nothing), Ross (closed), and Walmart (nothing). After finding nothing and having no other places open to try, we gave up. When we got back to the bed and breakfast, we changed our breakfast time (there's no reason to eat breakfast at 7:20 if you don't have to).

That night we borrowed Posiden from the bed and breakfast's dvd library and had them pop us popcorn (it was so cute-- the front desk guy offered to pop us popcorn because the room didn't have a microwave and we were going to be watching a movie! I love bed and breakfasts!). Then we watched it in our room.

The next morning we had a delicious breakfast in the parlour. Afterwards we packed up our stuff and checked out. Not being able to go to a session actually turned out okay. Instead we had time to explore Logan. We drove around Utah State (Em, they'd just had a race!) and then went to the Logan Temple grounds. It's a pretty temple.



After the temple, we drove down to Ogden for our next activity. We weren't supposed to be to the next place until 1:00 and we got to Ogden at like 12:00 so, we went to the Ogden Temple first.



(We didn't have a photographer and it was SUPER windy so, this is the best you get of us at the Ogden Temple.)

And once we'd seen all there was to see at the Ogden Temple, we went to iFly. A friend in California told us about it. We didn't have time to do it there before we moved but we found out there's one here and have been wanting to try it. For those that don't know, iFly is supposed to be like indoor skydiving.

We loved it.







Mitch loved it more than he thought he would.



THEN, after iFly we had lunch and went out to Antelope Island. I've been meaning to go there for literally the last four and a half years. I finally made it.

First we went to the Visitor's Center and looked around a bit.



By the time we were done with that, I had a bit of a headache and both of us were tired so we took a half hour nap in the car with the windows down. The weather was perfect for that. It was warm with a cool breeze and we were right by Antelope Island's "beach" so it smelt a bit like a real beach (real = California). Once we woke up we felt a lot, lot better and were more interested in exploring. I think that this time of year most of the animals on Antelope Island are like... gone for the winter or something. We did finally see one bison.



We also walked along the "beach" and skipped stones in the water. It was nice and relaxing. And we felt a million miles away from everything.

As we were leaving we saw six more bison. It's funny how everyone crowds around them to take pictures. Anyway. It was good. Not a ton to see or do but it was fun to go once and now I can cross it off my list.

And after Antelope Island, we came home. (Well, not exactly, we actually went shopping and went to dinner but, that wasn't all that exciting.)

3 comments:

HalnJess said...

Ok, you just sold me on a B&B! It sounds like a blast! I've never thought to stay in Logan but now it's on my "to-do" list while we live close!

Michele said...

We went to Hamilton's once too! It was delicious! Sounds like a fun trip! Dan and I need to take one of those... we're thinking Vegas... :)

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun. I love how you guys just up and go to random places and explore! Go you guys! You are so adventurous. I want to be adventurous... :)