Sunday, June 14, 2009

Friday and Saturday-ings

We had another busy weekend. I'm having so much fun this weekend. I'm just as busy as I was during the school year but it's good busy now.

Let's see. Friday night we went out with a couple in our married ward, Evan and Heather. It was so nice to spend time with people from that ward. We miss everyone there. And we always have so much fun with those guys.

Saturday morning I was up early to run another 5K. My t-shirt from it says:

UTAH VALLEY MARATHON & 5K

I love it. I'd hoped that I'd be able to run it faster than I normally do but, {sigh}, my knee isn't better yet. I'd registered and paid for the race like... weeks ago. And really, my knee felt better than it had been feeling! I thought I could do it. And I wore my knee brace. Yeah... it didn't go so well.

I'm at the point of just wanting to get better. I'm so frustrated. I want to go to the gym and I want to run 5K's and I want to hike things. It's summer! I feel like I've been out of commission for so long now from injuries that get sort of better and then I re-hurt. Like I said, it's so frustrating.

Anyway, after the 5K I went to our married ward building and did our bulletin board. Mitch is such a good helper. Our married ward was having a softball game at the field next to our building so he'd planned on playing but they were done by the time he got there (he'd been at his GMAT class). He knew I wanted him to stay and help. What a sweet guy. For our summer bulletin board, we had a map with all the places people in our ward are going this summer.



It's nice to have that done. (Too bad you can't see how cute the border is...)

THEN, last night we went to the Miss Provo Pageant. Pretty sure Mitch loved it. (Not really, obviously.) I've always wanted to go to a beauty pageant. I thought it was fun (even though the girl I really liked didn't win). Also, Miss Utah was the emcee and she was hilarious. She kind of reminds me of Jessica Simpson. My favorite was that the pageant was at the Covey Center and she kept calling it the Cove-ie Center. Loved it. She was cute though. And the girls were really talented! It made me want to take dance classes again. OH! Also, one of the guest performers was The Shelley School of Irish Dance. I'll admit I thought it was going to be stupid. I mean honestly. Irish dancing? But it was incredible. I swear I was ready to sign up for Irish dancing classes after their three minute (or whatever) dance. And, now I can cross "Attend a beauty pageant" off my list.

No comments: