I'm just going to blog about things I have pictures of...
1. Thanksgiving Point's Tulip Festival and my birthday.
My birthday was a couple weeks ago and because it was the Saturday before finals, I didn't really tell anyone about it or plan anything that spectacular. But! Em and Jeff were going to the Tulip Festival so Mitch and I decided to tag along. (Mitch had never been to Thanksgiving Point!) AND it was kind of rainy so we rented a golf cart! The Thanksgiving Point gardens are way better in a golf cart.
Afterward, we went shopping and then to dinner at Archibald's (at Gardner Village). And it was fun. Even though I should have been studying.
2. Las Vegas.
Last fall when Mitch was traveling a lot for work he was staying in a lot of Hiltons. Hilton called and offered him a "really great deal" on a room in either Vegas or Orlando. Long story short, we ended up booking it (back in like... November) for the weekend school ended. It was okay. (I've never loved Vegas.) Our hotel was nice. We walked like a million miles (I didn't think it was going to be that far...). I found something new at Tiffany's to want. And our dinner was (except that by then we were exhausted). The day we left we went to the Las Vegas Temple.
There's such a different feeling there than on the strip on a Friday night. (Oh! That reminds me. Friday night as we were walking back to our hotel we played "You Know You're Drunk When..." Heheh. Fun game.) Anyway. We made it back for our Singles Ward opening social.
I think that's it for now.
2 comments:
Aw, that temple is so beautiful! I have never been to the Las Vegas one. I have driven by it many a time though! I miss you, Jess! It's been way too long. We were supposed to play and hang out remember? I have been sick for the past long while though so that's why I have been seemingly antisocial. Remember that night when I couldn't come to craft night because I felt sick? Well, I have been sick since that night. I'm still kind of sick and now Eric has it! Poor guy! Anyway, hopefully I will be well by your next craft night!
And. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! :)
Post a Comment