Last weekend, we drove Jason up to Rexburg and got him settled into his dorm and college life at BYU-I. We left Friday afternoon, but we had about thirty errands to run along the way and ridiculous traffic to battle, so we didn't get to Rexburg until late, late Friday night. (Technically, I think it was early, early Saturday morning.) When we finally did get there, it was way too late for Jason to check in to his dorm, so he just stayed with us at our hotel. I think he about died waiting for Mitch and I to get ready Saturday morning.
I felt like a mom taking my little boy to summer camp because he was so excited.
I felt like a mom taking my little boy to summer camp because he was so excited.

I tried to embarrass Jason as much as possible. Lots of pictures. Lots of talking to his roommates. Lots of finding him friends. Etc. (What are older sisters for?) One of his roommates pointed out that he would much rather have his sister drop him off than his mom. His mom cried. I hadn't even thought of crying, so I tried to work up some tears for Jason while we went around getting his I-card and his books and everything. I didn't ever make it to the tears, but I came up with a really good speech (that I gave loudly in the parking lot right outside his dorm) about how we're only 4 1/2 hours away and if he needs anything, just call.
I also secretly left a framed picture of Mitch, Annie, Alley, and I on his little shelf thing in his room. Pretty sure he loved that.
1 comment:
Thank you! You guys did an awesome job! And the photograph was the perfect touch!
Post a Comment